Latest Job Opportunities in India
Discover top job listings and career opportunities across India. Stay updated with the latest openings in IT, government, and more.
Check Out Jobs!Read More
A change in the Google Play store is waving after the Supreme Court refused to postpone the monopoly repair
Written by Michael Lentic
On Monday, the US Supreme Court refused to protect Google from an order issued a year ago to make a major change in its Android App Store, which was designed to launch more competition against a system that the jury announced an illegal monopoly.
The rejection issued by the Supreme Court in one sentence means that it will soon have to start a comprehensive reform of its Play store for applications that run on Android, which occupies most smartphones that compete with the iPhone from Apple in the United States.
Among the other changes, the American boycott judge James Donato Last October is Google To give its competitors the ability to reach its full stock of Android applications and also provide these alternative options to download from the Play Store.
In the file of last month, Google told the US Supreme Court that the Donato order would offer more than 100 million American users to the Play Store “for huge security risks and safety by enabling stores that store harmful, deceptive or pirate content.”
Google also said that it is facing a final date on October 22 to start compliance with the judge’s order if the Supreme Court does not agree to its request to stop the implementation. Mountain Vio, California, was seeking protection as it was seeking a recent attempt to overthrow the regime December 2023 The jury ruled That condemned the Play Store as a offensive monopoly.
Google said in a statement that it would continue its battle in the Supreme Court while it is subject to what it believes is a problem. Google warned that “the changes ordered by the US District Court will at risk the ability of users to download applications safely.”
Google was isolated from the matter while trying to cancel it and the ruling of monopoly, but the Court of Appeal in the ninth district rejected that attempt In a decision issued two months ago.
In its file submitted to the Supreme Court, Google said it has been fairly turned into a resource and distributor of potential competitors.
Donato concluded the necessity of demolishing the digital walls that protect the Play Store from the competition to face a pattern of abusive behavior. This behavior has enabled Google to make an annual profit of billions of dollars, in the first place of its exclusive control over the payment processing system that collects fees ranging between 15 and 30% on transactions within the application.
These committees were the central point in the anti -monopoly claim filed by the Epic Games for the Google Video Games manufacturer in 2020, which led to a month -long trial in the San Francisco Federal Court, which reached its peak by virtue of the monopoly issued by the jury.
EPIC, the Fortnite manufacturer, lost a case similar to anti -monopoly, targeting Apple’s iPhone app store. Despite the United States region Judge IPhone Gonzalez Rodgers concluded her words The iPhone App Store was not illegal, as Apple ordered the start of allowing bonds of alternative payment systems as part of the change that led The company that holds it In contempt for the Civil Court earlier this year.
in sharing, Tim Sweeney, CEO of EPIC, praised the Supreme Court to make room for consumers to choose alternative payment options for applications “without fees, scrapes, intimidation and friction.”
Although the Play Store changes are likely to affect Google’s profits, the company earns most of its money from a digital advertising network based on the dominant search engine – the pillars of the Internet Empire that was attacked on other legal fronts.
As part of the issues raised by the US Department of Justice, both Google search engine and Parts of its advertising technology Illegal monopolies have also been declared.
A federal judge in the search engine case rejected earlier this year a proposed disintegration of the Ministry of Justice Unfortunate decision This was widely seen as a delay for Google. The government is now seeking to dismantle Google in the issue of advertising technology During procedures It is scheduled to conclude the final arguments on November 17 in Alexandria, Virginia.
Originally published:
Google’s Play Store shake-up looms after Supreme Court refuses to delay overhaul of the monopoly



